Thursday 18 February 2021

Dear Parents/Caregivers

 

Thank you parents for your support in our sudden lockdown this week.  

In order to keep everyone safe we have decided to postpone the Whanau evening we had planned for week 3 (25 February) until we have a better picture of the latest covid situation.  We will let you know once we feel able to proceed with this again.

 

The Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education do however feel that it is safe for school to resume under alert level 2 therefore we encourage you to send students back to school.  Many students have returned today and from next week (Week 3), provided there are no further lockdowns, we are expecting all our students to return to school.

 

We are practising the level 2 safety instructions given eg we are reminding students to wash and sanitise their hands regularly and cleaning surfaces in classrooms at each break.  We are encouraging drop offs and pick ups over staggered times so that there are no large gatherings of students/whanau at the gate.  We are sticking to our wakas and there are no whole school assemblies planned until we reach level 1 again.

 

Please if you have questions or concerns around any of this, contact your child’s teacher or the office.  

 

Nga mihi

Rosina Wikaira

Principal

By |2021-02-18T12:07:54+00:0018th February 2021|COVID-19 Updates|0 Comments

About the Author:

Homai Admin

Leave A Comment

1 × three =